Registered name of company: Zest Fitness CC
Trading name of company: Zest Fitness
Principal place of business: 20 Robyn Road, Langeberg Ridge, Durbanville, 7550
(herein referred to as "THE COMPANY")
THE COMPANY, its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "THE COMPANY", "us", "we") understand the value of your personal information and the importance of protecting any and all personal information gathered by THE COMPANY.
This document describes how THE COMPANY collects & uses your personal information, who we share it with and your choices and rights with regards to your personal information.
The above mentioned applies to any information we collect from you in person or from a digital environment during any interaction, including our website, social media sites or mobile services, in writing or orally, and for any valid or lawful reason.
1. Collection of Information
THE COMPANY is subject to the Protection of Personal Information Act, No.4 of 2013 ("POPIA"), of which the provisions came into effect on 1 July 2020. All public & private entities have until 1 July 2021 to ensure that they are fully compliant.
According to "POPIA", personal information is defined as any information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person and where applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, including, but not limited to:
· information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person;
· information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
· any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignments to the person;
· the biometric information of the person;
· the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person;
· correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
· the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
· the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person.
Depending on how you interact with us, personal information we collect may include but is not limited to:
We may also collect other information that does not identify you personally, but that we might require with regards to delivering our services. The above-mentioned might include but is not limited to, geographic location and home language. Should we link this information to your personal information, all of the above will be treated as personal information.
2. Information collection process
Information is gathered along with the completion of a quotation or request for a quotation and the service agreement in respect of the services delivered by THE COMPANY, by our marketing team, sales consultants and installation technicians.
3. Legal basis for processing your personal information
Criminal Procedure Act, Consumer Protection Act, SAIDSA by-laws and others), whether contractually or otherwise.
4. Use of your personal information
We may use your personal information for any and all of the following:
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with our legal obligations or for our legitimate business purposes:
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and to comply with legal requirements.
5. Your rights as a data subject
As a data subject, you have the right to have your personal information processed in accordance with the conditions for the lawful processing of personal information as referred to in Chapter 3 of POPIA, including the right,
All references to sections above are to sections in POPIA.
6. Sharing your personal information
7. Security of your personal information
THE COMPANY is committed to protecting all personal information in their possession from an accidental or unlawful destruction, damage, loss or unauthorised access.
THE COMPANY will ensure reasonable, appropriate, physical, administrative and technical preventative measures to ensure the safety and security of any and all personal information.
In the event that you unsubscribe from receiving marketing material, please note that we may still send you administrative communication as part of our ongoing agreement and as needed.
8. Direct marketing
THE COMPANY may send you communication with regards to direct marketing in the event of news, events and accolades. Should you wish to no longer receive marketing communications from THE COMPANY via email, SMS or phone, you are at liberty to opt-out of receiving such information from us at any time and manage your communication preferences.
9. Retaining your personal information
THE COMPANY will retain your personal information for as long as needed to fulfil the purpose for which it was originally collected unless a longer retention period is required to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets or enforce agreements.
The criteria we use to determine retention periods include whether:
11. Information officer
The Information Officer: Trasse Moodley
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org